Caramelized apple cake like in childhood
A small return in childhood with the unmistakable apple cake, just a recipe revisited of my grandmother. Always very greedy, and big child, I like to cook cakes but you really have to pay attention to the accesses of sugar. So, I try to offer you a tasty recipe, starting from that of my grandmother, but less caloric. You tell me the news ? Happy reading my ladybugs !
Caramelized apple cake
Preparation : 45 minutes
Cook : 25 minutes at 180°C
Apple cake base
- 200 grams of flour
- a pinch of salt
- a bag of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana or 80 grams of white sugar
- 125 ml soy milk – or other milk –
- 3 apples
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
Recipe apple cake
1. Firtly, start by cooking the apples : cut the apples into small cubes, then add them in a hot oiled pan.
2. Add the 5 tablespoons of white sugar, then sprinkle with cinnamon, stir and simmer.
3. In a large salad bowl, pour the milk and break the eggs, then mix.
4. Now add the banana – previously crushed – and the olive oil, then mix everything. Don’t forget your apples, think to mix few time.
5. Next, add the flour, salt and the baking powder, then stir with a fork. Make sure your apples are golden brown, then place them in a bowl and set aside.
6. Now arm yourself with your base, your caramelized apples and a baking dish, coated with baking paper. Start by pouring your apple cake base. Attention, if you want your cake to be higher, use a smaller dish.
7. Then gently place the apples on the entire surface of your cake. Finally, put your cake in a preheated oven at 180° C for 25 minutes. You can monitor the cooking with a knife.
Here is the result and good tasting my ladybugs. And for even more delicacies discover my other sweet recipes here.